Home and contents

If you need to make a home and/or contents claim, please call us on 1300 988 988.

When you speak to us we can ease some of your stress by helping you get a quote for repairs.

Property claims

To make a claim for your property, you can also click the button below.

We'll need some details from you

To help us process your claim, please have the following information ready:

  • Policy number
  • A detailed account of the events leading to the claim (who, where, how)
  • Police report details (if the claim is malicious damage, theft and so on)
  • GST details (e.g. ABN)
  • An estimate of the loss or damage

If you have severe storm damage, you can contact the State Emergency Service on 132 500 (NT residents call 131 444), your local council or Guild Insurance.

Do not carry out or authorise repairs or replacement of property without our consent (excluding emergency repairs to minimise further damage).

Proof of ownership, loss or damage

When you make a claim you may be required to provide proof of ownership and the value of the items you are claiming for.

This information helps us understand what items you had, and enables us to replace the item or work out the correct payment amount for you.

Some examples of proof of ownership include:

  • Sales receipts or accounts (originals or duplicates) showing the date, purchase price, a description of items purchased and place of purchase
  • Credit card statements or bank statements showing the transaction details
  • Owner’s manuals or instruction manuals providing the model and serial number/s of the lost or damaged property
  • Warranties noting the item and payment figure
  • Valuations
  • Photos clearly showing the items (e.g. photos of you wearing the jewellery you are claiming for). In the case of damaged stock, clear photos showing the use-by date.
  • Builder’s, electrician’s or other relevant tradesman reports detailing the loss or damage
  • Letter from the original supplier/purchaser on a verified letterhead
  • Australian Taxation Office submission, showing depreciation schedule of item
  • Statement from your accountant
  • Statutory Declaration (as a last resort).