Business insurance claims

How you can claim


Claim online for

Business related claims

This includes:

  • Building, business property, stock, or glass
  • Loss of Money
  • Breakdown of machinery or equipment
  • Financial Loss  (loss of income, rent, turnover,
    or any interruption to your business)

Claim online for

Liability related claims

This includes:

  • Personal injury and/or property damage to a
    customer or member of the public



Business or Liability claims


You can also make a business insurance claim by calling us directly on: 

 1800 810 213

Information for when making a claim

We'll need some details from you

To help us process your claim, please have the following information ready:

  • Policy number
  • A detailed account of the events leading to the claim (who, where, how)
  • Police report details (if the claim is malicious damage, theft and so on)
  • GST details (e.g. ABN)
  • An estimate of the loss or damage

If you have severe storm damage, you can contact the State Emergency Service on 132 500 (NT residents call 131 444), your local council or Guild Insurance.

Do not carry out or authorise repairs or replacement of property without our consent (excluding emergency repairs to minimise further damage).

Proof of ownership, loss or damage

When you make a claim you may be required to provide proof of ownership and the value of the items you are claiming for.

This information helps us understand what items you had, and enables us to replace the item or work out the correct payment amount for you.

Some examples of proof of ownership include:

  • Sales receipts or accounts (originals or duplicates) showing the date, purchase price, a description of items purchased and place of purchase
  • Credit card statements or bank statements showing the transaction details
  • Owner’s manuals or instruction manuals providing the model and serial number/s of the lost or damaged property
  • Warranties noting the item and payment figure
  • Valuations
  • Photos clearly showing the items (e.g. photos of you wearing the jewellery you are claiming for). In the case of damaged stock, clear photos showing the use-by date.
  • Builder’s, electrician’s or other relevant tradesman reports detailing the loss or damage
  • Letter from the original supplier/purchaser on a verified letterhead
  • Australian Taxation Office submission, showing depreciation schedule of item
  • Statement from your accountant
  • Statutory Declaration (as a last resort).