Guild Insurance Limited (ABN 55 004 538 863) of 171 Collins Street, Melbourne, Victoria, 3000, Australia (‘Guild Insurance’ or ‘we’) understands and appreciates that you, as a visitor to the www.guildinsurance.com.au website (‘website’), are concerned about your privacy.
This Privacy and Security Policy explains how Guild Insurance treats the personal information you provide to us via the website. The Privacy and Security Policy does not apply to any third party websites that are linked to, or which frame, or are framed by, this website.
Guild Insurance may amend this Privacy and Security Statement as its business requirements or the law changes. Any changes to this Privacy Statement will be updated on this website, so please check the Privacy and Security Policy on this website periodically to ensure that you have the most current privacy statement.
What information is collected?
The information collected about you will depend on how you use and access the website.
When individuals browse the website, Guild Insurance does not collect their personal information.
When an individual looks at the website, Guild Insurance makes a record of the individual’s visit and logs the following information for statistical purposes:
- the date and time of your visit to the website;
- the pages you have viewed; and
- any information you downloaded
Guild Insurance does not record the identity of users who only browse the website. This information is used for statistical, reporting and website administration and maintenance purposes only.
Enquiries and applications
Sometimes, Guild Insurance collects personal information that individuals choose to give us via online forms (including applications) or by email, for example when individuals ask to be on an email list, make a written enquiry to Guild Insurance or submit an application for a product.
Also, Guild Insurance may collect your IP address. Your IP address is the identifier for your computer when you are using the internet. Guild Insurance collects and stores your IP address when you complete and submit an online enquiry or application form. We store your IP address for security and audit purposes, for example, to protect against and identify security breaches, inappropriate behaviour, fraud and unauthorised access to the computer systems of either you or Guild Insurance.
If you do not provide Guild Insurance with any personal information it requires, Guild Insurance may not be able to address or process your communication, request or application.
Use and disclosure
Unless the individual has consented, Guild Insurance will only use and disclose personal information collected via the website for:
- the purpose for which it was given to it; and
- related purposes which the individual would reasonably expect Guild Insurance to use or disclose the information (such as security and audit purposes, service monitoring, internet traffic monitoring, trouble shooting, maintenance or where e-mail abuse or inappropriate behaviour is suspected or being investigated).
Guild Insurance may disclose your personal information to third parties, for example, to contractors to whom Guild Insurance contracts out certain services.
Guild Insurance engages third party contractors to perform services for it which involves the contractor handling personal information we hold. For example, we engage third party contractors to:
- host this website;
- develop, administer and maintain this website; and
- provide internet services in relation to this website.
Your information will also be shared between related bodies corporate of Guild Insurance and any other companies within the Guild Group of companies where necessary to fulfil the above purposes.
The purposes for which Guild Insurance use your personal information is summarised below:
- the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information to evaluate, effect, manage and administer your insurance cover, financial service or product provided to you by Guild Insurance, any related company, or in conjunction with Guild Insurance. This applies to personal information provided previously, currently and in the future
- the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information to inform you of other products and services offered by Guild Insurance, our related entities or your representative
- the use and disclosure of your personal information to test and improve upon the systems used to manage your insurance policy or financial product
- the collection from, and/or disclosure of, your personal information to a third party which may include your Professional Association, your employer and Guild Insurance’s service providers (including but not limited to other insurers, medical practitioners, lawyers, claims consultants, loss assessors and investigators), where this is relevant for the administration of your insurance policy or a claim under this insurance policy
- the disclosure of your personal information to overseas recipients, where relevant, such as some of Guild Insurance’s reinsurers; and
- the disclosure of your personal information to a person, regulatory bodies or other entities if Guild Insurance is required or permitted to do so by law.
When an individual’s email address is received by Guild Insurance because they send us a message, the email address will only be used or disclosed for the purpose for which they have provided it and it will not be added to a mailing list or used or disclosed for any other purpose without the individual’s consent.
Guild Insurance uses "cookies" to provide individuals with a more customised and effective website experience.
When you visit the website, the website will automatically send you a "cookie". A cookie is a very small text file placed on your computer by our web page server and is used to identify that your computer has visited the web site and which areas of the website were browsed.
A cookie cannot be executed as code or deliver viruses. It is uniquely yours and can only be read or retrieved by Guild Insurance’s webpage servers.
An individual can choose if and how a cookie will be accepted by configuring your preferences and options in your browser.
If your browser is configured to reject all cookies you will be unable access some areas of the Guild Insurance website. You may still be able to use some information-only pages even if you do not accept cookies.
Security of information
Guild insurance will take reasonable steps to preserve the security of personal information you provide to Guild Insurance via the website. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as being totally secure and to the extent permitted by law, Guild Insurance will not be responsible for any unauthorised access to that information during its transmission to us. If you are not comfortable sending any information over the Internet, please contact the Guild Insurance to discuss alternative methods for providing any information.
If the personal information Guild Insurance holds about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact Guild Insurance so that we can take reasonable steps to either correct this information, or if necessary, discuss alternative action with you.
Access and correction
Guild Insurance will, on request, provide you with access to the information we hold about you (including for the purpose of correcting or updating that information), unless there is an exception which applies under relevant laws. If Guild Insurance refuses to provide you with access to the information, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal and inform you of any exceptions relied upon.
Individuals can obtain further information about how to request access or changes to the information we hold about them by contacting Guild Insurance (see details below).
How to contact Guild Insurance
Individuals can obtain further information in relation to this Privacy and Security policy by contacting Guild Insurance at:
PH: 1800 810 213
Fax: 03 9810 9810
Mail: Locked Bag 32010, Melbourne, VIC 3001